MIT Building E51 (Tang Center)
Getting to MIT Building E51
MBTA Red Line
Take the MBTA Red Line to Kendall Square. If you came from the north (Harvard Square, Alewife, etc), take the stairs straight up to the rear of the Kendall Square entrance and proceed forward onto Carleton Street. If you came from the south (Park Street, Ashmont, Braintree, etc), take the stairs up and then walk across the street to the other Kendall Square entrance, then continue behind it onto Carleton Street.
Follow Carleton Street to the end, where it connects to Amherst Street. Cross to the other side of Amherst Street and proceed to the left.
The building at the end of Amherst Street, on the corner of Amherst and Wadsworth, is Building E51, also known as the Tang Center. Just before the building is a parking lot; take the stairs after the parking lot entrance and proceed to the back door of Building E51.
From I-93 south:
Follow Route 93 North to the Cambridge/Storrow Drive exit (Exit 26). Take Exit 26, then follow the right fork and keep to the left as the offramp merges onto Storrow Drive.
From I-93 north:
- Follow Route 93 South over the Tobin Bridge and take the Cambridge/Storrow Drive exit (Exit 26). Merge onto Storrow Drive and get into the left lane.
- Once you're on Storrow Drive: Take the offramp on the left, shortly after the underpass, then take a right to cross over the Longfellow Bridge.
- Immediately at the end of the bridge, turn right onto the offramp, then turn right onto the road, and follow it to Memorial Drive.
- Almost immediately upon reaching Memorial Drive, turn right onto the first side street, which is Wadsworth Street. Then turn left onto Amherst, and immediately turn left into the E51 parking lot.
Park your car, then enter E51 through the back door.
Take the Massachusetts Turnpike (Exit 22) and follow it East to Cambridge (Exit 20). Then follow the Mass Pike directions below.
Take the Massachusetts Turnpike (Exit 24), and follow it East to Cambridge (Exit 20). Then follow the Mass Pike directions below.
Common Massachusetts Turnpike directions
- Take the Massachusetts Turnpike to Cambridge (Exit 20). Go through the lights and over the overpass, then turn right onto Memorial Drive. You'll pass the Howard Johnsons Motel and MicroCenter on your left, and then cross over the B.U. Bridge.
- Follow Memorial Drive to Wadsworth Street, and turn left onto Wadsworth. Then turn left onto Am