GBC/ACM is committed to maintaining secure systems within which your personal information remains protected.
- Access to the public areas of this web site is free and does not require you to provide us with any personal information.
- Access to the registration process is managed through industry-standard secure web-interface mechanisms. Any information you provide us will be treated confidentially and at no time will we disclose any personally identifiably information to any third-parties unless you expressly consent for us to do so as part of your member registration, except where required by law as discussed below. Your consent can be changed by you at any time through online member information maintenance or direction to the GBC/ACM Post Office Box.
- If you pay by credit card through our online registration and payment system, GBC/ACM will not keep complete credit card information longer than is required to verify and post the charge to your account.
- GBC/ACM maintains databases of membership and event registration transactions for financial and membership management purposes only. Access to this information is protected by allowing only authorized volunteers to log into the system with password protection.
- We may log your IP address, operating system, browser and other technical information for statistical purposes and for the purpose of identifying, preventing and responding to fraudulent registrations or attempts to compromise the security of our systems.
- Where compelled by way of a court order or other enforceable legal instrument, we will disclose information held within our systems.
While we take reasonable precautions against disclosure, GBC/ACM cannot guarantee that our security precautions will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your personally identifiable information.
Greater Boston Chapter of the ACM
PO Box 465
Lexington, MA 02420-0005
Email: webmaster (at) gbcacm.org
Last updated: September 13th, 2003