Improving the User Experience
June 8, 2013
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
$179 through April 26st
Great Design for Competitive Edge
Many organizations are discovering that a great user experience can provide them a powerful competitive edge. A great product or service’s user experience increases revenues, decreases costs, and builds long-term customer loyalty.
For these organizations, it’s the first time they’ve made a it a priority to improve the user experience of their designs. Doing this for the first time can be tricky. It involves technical, process, and cultural changes across the organization.
However, it doesn’t have to be difficult. Jared will share the secrets of the most successful companies. You’ll learn a surefire technique for introducing great experience design practices into any organization (even those which may resist at first).
Morning: The Strategies Behind Great UX
- Get a UX MBA by learning the fundamentals of great design strategy
- Discover how to design for the differences between activities and experience
- Uncover the how the Kano Model can predict design priorities
- Learn the 3 questions that drive great teams
Afternoon: The Techniques Behind Great UX
- Learn techniques for training teams to conduct usability tests for the first time
- See how field studies can quickly reveal requirements and needs
- Discover the power of mapping the customer’s journey to uncover gaps
- Explore how the KJ Analysis quickly brings teams to consensus
This activity-filled workshop will give you hands-on experience with techniques you can put to work the minute you’re back in the office. You’ll learn how to do these techniques yourself and how to explain them to your team. (Although, if you bring your team with you, then they’ll be ready to get to work immediately.)